Tuesday 18 June 2013

David Shrigley

My personal tutor introduced me to an artist, and animator, called David Shrigley by showing us a video made by him called 'Who I am and What I Want'. I'm not really sure what my first reaction was to the film. Its very weird thats for sure! The film contains a lot of gory scenes, which i would have thought hard to achieve when drawing in such a chile like style, but that could also be why its so disconcerting to watch, but it also is very funny, and you cant help yourself laugh at some of the scenes. I love the style of child-like black outlined drawings and it is something I would like to experiment with at some point, although it is not my usual style. I am still not too sure of the meaning of the film, or even if it has one, but it makes you think. And that is always a good thing.


Here is the Video. 

No comments:

Post a Comment