Thursday 20 June 2013

Illustrator tutorials.

I have recently become much more interested in the work of illustrators using programs such as illustrator and I have also been doing a little bit of messing around with the program myself. I recently purchased a new Macbook computer so that I could get better at using software in my spare time and also got the new Adobe Suit edition at the same time (CS6).
There are loads of tutorials on the internet but a lot of them are focusing on teaching you a specific thing, where as I wanted some simple beginners tutorials. Another good reason to get practicing with these tutorials is because the more that you do the faster you can do it, learning all the keyboard shortcuts had become useful and I have started remembering them as well which makes my life easier and speeds up my pace a little bit. I found a good blog with 50 good illustrator tutorials so I had a look down the list and picked one I fancied.

I like the look of this cute little strawberry and it didn't look too hard or too easy so I gave it a try and I really enjoyed it. It was harder than I thought it would be but I learned some good tips on how to create shadows which was useful. This is the image that I was trying to create...


And this is my end result. Not exactly the same but I was proud of myself and mine doesn't look bad, especially when half of the things I had to do I had never done before.


Click the link above if you are interested in trying some yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment